Nitrous Oxide Sedation in Scarborough
Nitrous oxide sedation has helped millions of people overcome their anxieties. It is safe, effective and the most trusted of all dental relaxation techniques. Nitrous oxide (N2O) is simply a gas which you can breathe in. It has no colour, smell, and doesn’t irritate.
Common Dental Fears:
- Fear of Pain
- Insufficient Freezing
- Loss of Control
- Sound of the Drill
- Needle Phobia
What are the advantages of nitrous oxide?
- Nitrous oxide works very rapidly – it reaches the brain within 20 seconds.
- The depth of sedation can be altered from moment to moment.
- There’s no “hangover” effect – the gas is eliminated from the body within 3 to 5 minutes after the gas supply is stopped. You can safely drive home and don’t need an escort.
- No injection is required. In cases of very severe needle phobia, getting laughing gas first can help you feel relaxed enough to allow the needle required for IV sedation.
- Inhalation sedation is very safe.
- Inhalation sedation has been found to be very effective in eliminating or at least minimizing severe gagging.